Prev: Re: Added Topic ? Next: Re: Added Topic ?

Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?

From: timj@u...
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:05:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?

Scott wrote:
>Also, for anyone interested in programming starship combat tactics,
>there is a game available called Starships.

Scott do you have a pointer yet? I couldn't find it on the WWW.

>Ever try Trek28, PRobot or CRobot?

I used trek73 that is based on SFB, text based game but it had a pretty
good AI
enough to challenge you, horrid control system made it harder. All it
needed was a
Graphical interface - now wire it up as a CGI program and you could have
a decent
WWW combat sim.

For Solitare games I either play 'schitzo' trying to forget what the
opposition is
doing (it doesn't really work but is OK for practice), Using Borgs like
in the SFB
rules (I can post a version if there is interest). For the Borgs I
created a set of
random tactic and event cards to try and add a level of uncertainty.
Using Games
Theory I reckon you could program a near invincible FT opponent as long
as you
explained the rules to it.

Tim Jones
"Going against remotes is one thing kid, going against the living, well
that's
something else"

Prev: Re: Added Topic ? Next: Re: Added Topic ?