Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?

Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:47:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

Tim Guay wrote:
>Proposed New Rule for handing PDAF/ADAF
>In order to address a few oddities with the current PDAF/ADAF rules I'd
>like to propose the following changes.
>
>PDAF can fire against any target within 6 measuring units of the ship.

I prefer to use these weapons only against small targets such as
fighters
and missiles.  I suppose there is no reason to not use them against
larger
craft except most ships would be protected sufficiently to make such a
weapon useless.

>PDAF's are considered pulse lasers or guass autocannons

Keep it generic to work with different backgrounds(e.g. short range
missiles).

>ADAF can fire against any target within 12 measuring units of the ship.

ADAF works on the premise that it can share targeting data from another
ship
within its 6" range.  The ADAF targeting system is more or less a
networked
PDAF.

>ADAF are considered short-ranged antifighter/antimissile missiles

Again, this would be best left as generic, fitting the background of
your
choice.

>Both can engage ships within their range and roll one die.
>	 Target unshielded	 - 5,6 hits for 1 damage point
>	 Target level 1 shield/armour - 6 hits for 1 damage point
>
>This gives them some minimal antiship capability against lighter ships,
such
>as the battle pod swarms discussed a few months ago.

Interesting, but I prefer to keep using these weapons against fighter
and
missiles only.	It just seems that giving a PDAF/ADAF the damage
capability
of major weapons(taking hull damage or rolling for a threshold) seems
less
realistic.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?