Prev: Re: Looking for a new home. Next: Re: Looking for a new home.

Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 19:44:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

At 03:31 PM 11/13/96 EST, Palmer T. Davis wrote:
>>As for the Forever War, has anyone thought of converting it to SG2? If
so,
>>any figure suggestions? Any rule suggestions? I'm not sure Forever War
could
>>be done in SG2, though.
>
>If memory serves, TFW is mostly space combat, isn't it?  In which case
>it would be a better candidate for FT than SG2.  You'd need a more
>realistic movement system though (which is my main pet peeve about FT).

Hmm. My memory is the exact opposite. I remember little about it, except
for
the fact that the protagonist gets attacked in a grav vehicle and has a
limb
amputated by his suite, and the last battle where they move the stasis
field
generator so that the armed nuke detonates outside of the field.

I can't remember much else. (I'll have to dig out the game, and maybe
the book.)

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Looking for a new home. Next: Re: Looking for a new home.