Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers) Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

Re: Looking for a new home.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 19:39:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for a new home.

At 06:43 PM 11/13/96 +0100, you wrote:
>The powers that be (not me this time, the Usenet people) were very
resistant
>to r.g.m.warhammer simply because it was specific to Games Workshop. A
gzg
>group would meet as much, if not more resistance.

Agreed.

>sf is not specificaly mentioned in the remit of r.g.m.m. What is
mentioned
>are painting, modeling, sculpting and 'other games that do not fit
into...'
>So a .sf (Speculative Fiction in Usenet terminology, so it covers
Fantasy
>games too) group is quite legitimate, as a section that is officialy
only
>a catch all, and not the specific intent of the group, is flooding the
group
>and drowning out the painting, sculpting etc posts.

That would probably be the way to push it. Speculative Fiction would
also
handle things like alternate history posts and the few Cthulhu
miniatures posts.

>It might also encourage more use of .m for painting tips etc, and keep
the
>'for sale' posts in their place.

That wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd also "pad" the suggestion with a
rec.games.miniatures.marketplace group. It should have been created when
r.g.m.w, r.g.m.m, and r.g.m.h were made. Then the "for sale" posts would
have a proper place, and anyone looking for miniatures auctions wouldn't
have to look in rec.games.board.marketplace and
rec.games.frp.marketplace.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.