Prev: Re: Hallo? Next: Re: Hallo?

Starship Troopers

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <jw4@b...>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 07:15:56 -0500
Subject: Starship Troopers

I presume everyone has read this book (if not why not?) and that most
people knew that there was this big budget movie of it being made seeing
that SciFi is in since Incoherence Day was massive..

Well, I've just seen some shots of the movie in the new Empire magazine
(December 1996 edition) and THEY AREN'T WEARING POWERED ARMOUR. They've
got these bizarre swat-grey Aliens style combat wuits on and normal sort
of rifles. In fact they look more like contestants from 'Gladiators'
than marines.

AaaaaaaRRGGHH! The only cool thing about the bloody book and they can't
be bothered with it. No pogoing over houses or any of that, no 30 second
bombs.. Apparently it's ended up like a hi-budget version of the old B-
movie 'Them'. The bugs look cool but frankly I'm severely upset. I
always
knew Verhoeven couldn't direct for toffee but the only thing this seems
to share with the book is the bloomin' title..

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: Hallo? Next: Re: Hallo?