Prev: Re: Tangential maillings Next: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas

Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas

From: thomas.granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:33:28 -0500
Subject: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas

>John Dunkelberg writes:
> >  Speaking of which, and just to make sure that no one ever
associates
> >MY good name with a real topic on this list, does anyone here know
why
> >this is a mailing list and not a newsgroup?	Or is it one of those
> >lists that is also a newsgroup but I am just not subscribed?

Adam Delafield reponds:

> It's not a newsgroup because;
>
> 1.) No one has posted a RFD in any of the appropriate groups.
>
> 2.) No one has posed a CFV (or indeed volunteered to count those
votes)

    In other words it is a real pain and time consuming to create a
newsgroup.
A mailing list is much easier, and tends to have a higher signal to
noise
ratio.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@enb.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Tangential maillings Next: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas