Prev: FT PBeM Announcement and Call for Players Next: B5 Wargame v. Role-playing Game, et al

Re: Babylon5 Battles?

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 15:11:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Babylon5 Battles?

There seems to be a common misconception here.	There are going to be
*TWO* Babylon % space combat games published.

Agents of Gaming is publishing Babylon Wars, which looks to be much more
detailed than Full Thrust.

Chamelion Electric (the makers of the RPG) have gotten the Full Thrust
author to do a set of ship to ship rules for the RPG which are supposed
be very Full Trust like, and much more tied to the RPG elements.

These are two totally seperate and independent projects.

	-=- Matthew L. Seidl

FieldScott@aol.com said...
>Allan wrote:
>
>> > With such a strong link, what are the chances of the B5 game being
>>  > nothing but a clone of SFB? Damn high I'd say. (But then again,
>>  > the Earthforce Sourcebook variant will probably be nothing more
>>  > than a clone of FT 8-)  ).
>
>...and Nial wrote:
>
>>  Oh dear (you get the the idea by now).  Considering that I have
tried
>>  playing SFB and failed miserably at getting a game up and running in
any
>>  reasonable length of time, this is very bad news.  It had occured to
me
>>  that the Starfury diagram that appeared on the AOG site reminded of
some
>>  game.  Now that we know that its SFBinfluenced  I can see the horror
of it

>>  already.  20 pages on the various complexities of how a ship jumps
into
>>  warp (see subsection X3.1214, Ooops not in this supplement!!).
>>
>>  Looks as if the only items of interest will be the ships.
>
>Well, <trying to keep positive> remember if this is designed around a
>role-playing game, then you WANT more detail because that's the level
the
>charcters are at. You also tend to have only a few ships to worry about
at
>one time. It almost sounds like they're going to have very detailed
rules for
>role-playing with one or two ships, and then publish the supplement for
fleet
>actions with more ships, less detail (ie -- FT).
>
>At least, I hope so....
>
>Scott
>
>AFFECTATION: The attempt to  boost one's social status by aping the
>mannerisms of a more prestigious class, as when white athletes greet
each
>other with high-fives, or when bourgeois celebrities appear on talk
shows
>wearing hole-in-the-knee jeans.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- Gamer, Re-Enactor, hecka stressed	We're here to make your life
better!=-=
=-= and trying not to be too homesick for the BA	 -Morrow Quotes
   -=-

Prev: FT PBeM Announcement and Call for Players Next: B5 Wargame v. Role-playing Game, et al