Prev: Re: B5 Wars Info... Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures

Re: B5 Wars Info...

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:14:59 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 Wars Info...

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996 CNCALD@ccmail.monsanto.com wrote:

> Yes, but I wonder how like FT this is really going to be.  Did you see
the
> critical hit chart for the starfury?	Having to keep track of each
individual
> fighter's damage doesn't sound too appealing.  (OK, PDAF scores a hit
against
> Starfury #24; just a sec while I find that sheet.)

	It all depends on what you want.  If you want a detailed system
of space combat then B5 Wars may be your system.  If you want something
little more abstract then sitck to Full Thrust.  As for me, I can swing
both ways.

> This makes me worry about the miniatures as well; I can't see them
being in FT
> scale with fighters like that.  The fact that they are selling them 2
to a
> package would seem to bear that out.

	I don't know....put a six sider next to fighter and TA-DA....a
Full Thrust fighter group.  Where is it written that an FT fighter
groups
had to be teny tiny models mounted in groups of six.  The "full-fledged"
ship
minis are already supposed to be in an exagerated scale.  Again, It all
depends on what YOU want.  Besides you can always use the fighter minis
for Silent Death

> The news of the public test is good, though.	Perhaps we can flood
them with
> suggestions to make the minis FT sized and thereby gain a new line of
ship
> models.

	Must every space wargame build itself around the idea that it
will be converted to Full Thrust?  AoG has its own ideas about how to
make a wargame.  If you don't like the system then you can exercise
your right as a consumer in a Free Market economy and not purchase it.
(This isn't the ESU, you know.)
	I too look forward to the B5 minis, especially the EA minis.  I
tried to scratch build a Omega Class Destroyer out of wooden dowls, card

board and other odds and ends;	it look like crap (although the all wood

hyperion class CA I made didn't look too bad).	I plan on buying the
minis for FT, then splerge and by B5 Wars when it comes out.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=
DISCLAIMER:  The opinions expressed here are solely those of the
author's
who doesn't care whether or not you think he is a right wing nut.
Please
forgive any spelling and/or grammatical errors for he is also a victim
of
the American public education system.

Prev: Re: B5 Wars Info... Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures