Prev: Re: Beam Batteries Next: Re: SGII: Mortars

Re: Beam Batteries (long)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 10:41:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Beam Batteries (long)

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, JAMES BUTLER wrote:

>	  You've got a point. 9d6 out to only 6" would scare the hell
out of
> me. On the other hand, I personally would never deploy such a weapon.
I mean
> what with wave guns and missiles and fighters and such, I'd be scared
of
> being cut down before I ever got a chance to fight. But it would still
be a
> frightening weapon...

A mass 3 weapon firing 9D6 out to 6" - hm, why am I reminded of
Starfire's
Plasma Guns...

Anyway; put one or two of these on a thrust 8 Destroyer. It'll live up
its classification <vbg> Especially if you have a big enough table so
those speed 40+ manouvres are possible!

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: Re: Beam Batteries Next: Re: SGII: Mortars