Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Beam Batteries

Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

From: "Gee, that photon torpedo was clo-#/&%*.. NO CARRIER" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 17:00:25 -0400
Subject: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

>> Presumably these ratings don't match exactly with the ratings on the
show, as
>> we know there are human telepaths with ratings of P12 or better. But
then,
>> there's no reason why the ratings NEED to match...
>I was kinda thinkin' like a 2 to 1 ratio just to keep the numbers
>low...after all this IS Full Thrust..

But I *like* 'P10'. I like how it sounds, how it rollllls off the
tongue...
:-)

>> >  If a Shadow Cruiser is in a ship's Forward Arc, and within the
>> >  Telepath's "P"rating times 3 in inches, The telepath may attempt
>> >  "Lock" the Shadow Cruiser.
>>
>> Why only in the forward arc? I wouldn't have thought telepaths would
have
>> limited facing?
>>
>When Lyta Alexander engaged the Shadow Cruiser she declared that she
>needed a "line of sight" in order for it to work, so they moved White
>Star so that it pointed at the Shadow vessel.

Ay, laddie, 'tis true, but note: the Minbari telepaths *didn't* need
line-o-sight. They just reached out and 'touched' the Shadows. Also,
Bester didn't need line-o-sight, either.

It is my thinking/theory (uh-oh!) that human telepaths have been
'brainwashed'
(so to speak ;) into believing they must have line-o-sight. Or maybe
it's skill
level, a level that human telepaths are generally *not* encouraged to
develop.
Note: Bester has demonstrated for us on at least *two* occassions he did
not
need line-of-sight to detect or touch or sense something. Area of
effect. Or
affect. Whichever. So humans could maybe be 'bought' at a lower cost
than other
races' telepaths and only have a facing of 1-arc (doesn't have to be
forward,
can change from round to round as the telepath faces different
'windows'). Say,
the cost would be, oh, heck, I dunno, 50 pts? 60 pts? 75 pts? As opposed
to the
100 pts. Per level, that is.

>Now just to PLAYTEST it.....;-)

This a *hint*, Captain Wikan? Have you bothered checking around on other
ships
in the current scenario to see if *they* might have telepaths aboard
already??
Just because I mentioned [publically] that I like your idea *doesn't*
preclude
the possibility I may have already come up with something similar...
;-) ;-)

Big smiles! Biiiig smiles!

Mk
-
"And according to one of our units on the border of Centauri space,
they've
continued massing their fleet. We don't know why. Maybe they expect a
counter-attack; it's hard to say...And they have much to be concerned
about...
There's always the threat of an attack by, say, a giant space dragon,
the kind
that eats the sun once every 30 days. It's a nuisance, but what can you
expect
from reptiles?...Did I mention that my nose is on fire, and that I have
15 wild
badgers living in my trousers?...I'm sorry; would you prefer ferrts?"

Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Beam Batteries