Prev: FT FAQ (long) Next: B'more/DC/Philly game convention this weekend

RE: FT FAQ (long)

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:01:52 -0400
Subject: RE: FT FAQ (long)

Date sent:  2-OCT-1996 15:48:35

>Frequently Asked Questions
>I am new to Full Thrust. Please forgive me if these questions have
>already been addressed. Please comment!
>(Question, my Answer, Reasoning)

Just some alternate answers. Nothing official though.

>Construction.
>Q. Do you round up or down for damage points and equipment on ships
>with an Odd Mass?
>A. Down.

Round one up, and the other down. There are advantages and disadvantages
both ways.

>Rounding both damage and equipment up would give no reason to design
even ton
>ships.

True.

>Fighters/Carriers.
>Q. How far can Fighters move when launched?
>A. Half thier maximum movement.

Fair compromise, though as we usualy move fighters before ships,
and deploy fighters during the carriers move, we don't give them any.

>Q. What class ships can carry Fighters?
>A. Only Capital Class (or Supership Class) ships can carry Fighters.

The 'Capital only' rule stems from certain SF backgrounds, and the
Naval games on which FT is based. If the background justifies it,
put 'em on anything you like.

>Q. Will Fighters or Missiles cause Missiles or Mines to attack?
>A. No. Fighter groups will not cause automated weapons (such as
missiles or
>mines) to attack/explode.

Fighters are probably too small to trigger them.

>Q. What diferentiates a Carrier from a standard Capital ship?
>A. For a ship to be classified a carrier, it must carry more tons in
Fighters
>than other offensive weaponry.
>R. No justification. Just a good, easy to use, rule of thumb.

I'll buy that for a $, although you could say any ship with at least 4
hangers (So Superships wouldn't be crippled)

>Screens & Cloaking Fields.
>Q. Can Screens, Reflex Field, and/or Cloaking Field be mounted on the
>same ship?
>A. Yes. Screens, a Cloaking Field, and/or Reflex Screens may be mounted
on a
>single ship. However only one of these may be active on any given turn.
>R. Having screens under a reflex field is just too powerful.

OK

>Q. Can a ship travel using FTL drive when cloaked?
>A. No. Ships may not enter or leave FTL with the Cloaking Field
engaged.

Does it matter?

>Q. For how many turns must a cloaked ship write movement orders when it
engages
>the Cloaking Field?

>Q. When a ship De-Cloaks, when is it placed on the table?

>Q. Does a Cloaked ship need to show itself if it decides to remain
cloaked?

>Q. Can a cloaked ship attack another ship?

Fun with Cloaks. A thread all to itself.

>Wave Gun & Spinal Mount Nova Cannon.
>Q. Can a wave gun be mounted on Cruisers?
>A. Wave Guns may be mounted on 20+ ton FTL ships or 14+ ton Non-FTL
ships.
>R. This is the minimum ton ship to carry a 10 ton weapon.

I'd say capitals only. Power is as much a factor as mass.

>Q. Do Wave Guns and Nova Cannons effect Fighters or Missiles?

Yes, Kersploog!!!!

>Q. Do Wave Guns & Nova Cannons effect Cloaked Ships?

Depends on which Cloak rules you use 8-)

>Q. If a single ship be damaged by the Wave Gun or Nova Cannon twice if
the
>template covers it twice?

Over multiple turns? Yes.

>PDAF/"C" Beams in AF role.
>Q. Can a ship using "C" Beams in an AF role fire them on fighters
within
6" that >are not attacking it?
>A. It may not fire its "C" Beams used in an AF role on a fighter group
that is
>not attacking them.

Agreed.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: FT FAQ (long) Next: B'more/DC/Philly game convention this weekend