Prev: Re: Andy's Dirtside II Web Page Next: RE: Irregular Tanks

Re: Andy's Dirtside II Web Page

From: Andrew Cowell <cowell@c...>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 01:13:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Andy's Dirtside II Web Page

In message <9609230209.AA03587@zeorymer.alf.dec.com>, Alex Williams
writes:
> > PS: I'm also working on the vehicle generator.  I've taken a bunch
of

> a) It'd be /nice/ if it ran on some flavour of UNIX I have access to;

I'm not sure what the problem here is.	The current program is in Perl,
which is widely used on UNIX boxes.  It's a stand alone program which
is called by a WWW front end.  I've made it available to people who've
asked for it.  I don't have any plans to make the current version run
from the command line, although it wouldn't be too difficult, since the
web front end is a) easy to use, and b) easy to distribute.

> things the APSW alone /could/ be, I want a few lines on some designs
> to discuss what they /are/.  Maybe a long version with comments and

This is the most common request, and will definitely be added.	As to
describing specifically what the APSW is, you'll have to do that in
the general description.  Also, the new version gets away from things
like W-2xHKP/3-FT and has a more human-readable output although the
"open" format will remain the same except for that.

> open format and one that replicates DSII's battlecards as an
> alternate.

The new version will have the option for something like the battlecards.
It won't be a nice, graphical reproduction because I understand software
to do that may already be in the works, but it will probably follow a
similar format.

--
Andrew E. B. Cowell <cowell@cs.utk.edu>
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~cowell/

Prev: Re: Andy's Dirtside II Web Page Next: RE: Irregular Tanks