Prev: RE: Danger Spoiler. B5 question Next: Can I send attachments to the list?

RE: TV SF's glorious past ;-)

From: "Absolutely Barking Stars" <jw4@b...>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 04:50:04 -0400
Subject: RE: TV SF's glorious past ;-)

On 17 Sep 96 at 22:19, johnjmedway wrote:

> Or even before that. I have a feeling, basd on the way-hip clothing
and
> just general feel of UFO that it was actually '69-70 or so. Besides,
the
> depths of the 70s jumpsuit flares and beiges were from the mid-70s
Space:
> 1999 (if ever there was some dim SF...). Thet showed how much further
> down the barrel Anderson had gone.
BONG! Wrong I'm afraid. According to my references, UFO was shot
between 1973 and 1975, actually at the studio that portrayed the
SHADO base (now there's an economy for you...). Space 1999
began as a plotline for the third series of UFO which they never
made, and the plot was developed later into a whole separate show.

Century 21 fashions was actually a cover name for Sylvia
Anderson's clothes designs. Just shows you, nepotism is not always a
good thing.

			   TTFN
				     Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans list Home Page  -
	http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: RE: Danger Spoiler. B5 question Next: Can I send attachments to the list?