Prev: Re: [CrystalMud] Silence? Next: Re: [CrystalMud]

Re: [CrystalMud] Silence?

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@d...>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 04:14:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [CrystalMud] Silence?

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Alexander Williams wrote:

> Awfully quiet around here, even in the wake of my posting the basic
> CrystalMud preliminary specs; no commentary at all?

It sounds like a good idea, but since I have a Real Job (tm) I don't
expect to have a lot of time to invest in MUDding.

Since this is a MUD, however, it would be interesting to see if you
could
improve your combat units -- i.e. make them go from green to regular to
veteran, and possibly develop some elite units.  This is something that
would get me interested, because I could then develop the forces that
I would want to have.

One thing that I don't see happening with this is the "macro-scale"
point
of view that you can get on a tabletop.  In the game, most weapons have
very long ranges (e.g. lasers can shoot up to 60").  How can you
represent
this with a 80x24 vt100 terminal screen and still give the feeling that
the line of battle stretches for a couple of miles?

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Re: [CrystalMud] Silence? Next: Re: [CrystalMud]