Prev: RE: Micromachines Ships Next: Re: Any 'Free Cal-Tex' minitures or pictures.

Re: Question

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 10:51:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Question

In message <199609122040.QAA22344@itchy.mindspring.com> you wrote:

> I have a question. I have devised a small Mass 10 attack craft and I
have a
> question about is firing capability. It has an EMP missile, a needle
gun,
> and a cloaking device. Can I decloak and fire the missile as soon as I
decloak?

More Thrust seems to suggest that cloaking/decloaking occurs during
the movement phase, which comes after the missile phase, so by the
time you've decloaked, you've missed your chance to fire you missile.

OTOH, I'd say firing a missile would require far less targetting
for the ship than, say, a needle beam. But the needle beam can be
dured in the same turn, so in reality, there's not much reason why
a missile shouldn't be able to either (as long as its going in the
right general direction, the missile can work out the rest in flight).

Maybe the missile firing should be put into the original orders
written when the ship first cloaks. That way, you risk wasting
a missile when you decloak facing away from the enemy.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: RE: Micromachines Ships Next: Re: Any 'Free Cal-Tex' minitures or pictures.