Prev: FT: Fighter scrambling and ship manuevers Next: RE: Micromachines Ships

Re: FT: Fighter scrambling and ship manuevers

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 08:23:21 -0400
Subject: Re: FT: Fighter scrambling and ship manuevers

> In FT it states ships may not launch fighters if they have performed
>  any manuevers that turn (changed heading/speed).
>
>  In MT, under the scrambling of fighters rule, there is no
restriction,
>  and the flavoring of the rules seem to allow for ships to be in the
>  middle of moving and still launch fighters under an emergency
condition
>  (ie, being attacked by enemy fighters), with a chance of some
fighters
>  getting out, no fighters getting out, or the hanger bay being
damaged.

>  When maneuvering, can ships implement the scrambling rule?

I guess one way to look at it is "MT doesn't say they CAN maneuver when
scrambling, therefore the core fighter rules apply." But since MT does
say
that scrambling does not have to be in the written orders, that implies
you
can scramble even if you've maneuvered.

Now that I've argued both sides, how about this: you CAN scramble while
maneuvering, but you must subtract 1 from the die roll for each 1 Thrust
used. (Could get deadly!)

Scott Field

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whisky and car keys
teenage boys."	 -- P.J. O'Rourke

Prev: FT: Fighter scrambling and ship manuevers Next: RE: Micromachines Ships