Prev: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII Next: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII

Re: Stargrunt II

From: Tom Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 04:55:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II

...on the subject of single soldiers (PA or not) taking out an entire
squad with a lucky roll.

The house rule I have used is just to have the attacker roll off
against *each* defender individually.  That way if you have a single
d10 attacker and 8 d6 defenders, there is not a 40% chance that the
attacker will win automatically (which I dislike).

This keeps the feel of the combat (one guy still could take on that
many and live) without making for a lot of silly rules loopholes, such
as detaching one PA trooper to make the assault thus increasing the
odds of winning.

Just my $.02

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII Next: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII