Prev: Full Thrust questions Next: Re: Full Thrust questions

Re: Full Thrust questions

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 02:33:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust questions

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Chad Taylor wrote:

> Hello
>

> Have people found the Kra'Vak to be balanced?
>
>	One group I met said that they thought they were too powerful
> while the one game we played, the Kra'Vak got stomped.

I found that the Kra'Vak are quite well balanced in fact. (Ducks the
flying debris that the rest of the news group hurl at him)  Really.
Either I just have good luck fighting them or the Kra'Vak player at our
club is rotten with them or they really are balanced.

> Can the Scattergun be used as an anti-missile weapon?

I personally don't see why not (and I don't play Kra'Vak, they smell ;-)
).

>	If not that would seem like a major weakness in this race (it
was
> a couple of missile cruisers that shut down the Kra'Vak in the earlier
> game, that and the Kra'Vak player let the grubby humans hit his force
> piece meal).
>

> What strategies have other people used in dealing with the Kra'Vak?

Lots of Escort and Cruiser size ships with Thrust rating of at least 6.
Beat him at his own game.  While your ships aren't as manouverable as
his,
you'll still be pretty good at it and it'll give him the complete s**ts.
the premise behind this is to be manouverable enough to be able to keep
out of his arcs of fire.  Also the smaller ships mean he'll have too
many
targets to keep track of, and you normally don't bother putting shields
on small ships so there's no wasted space there and the Kra'Vak player
can'rt whinge at you saying "you took all the shields off your ships,
that's not fair!!".  Also Wave Guns and Nova Cannons in multiples (I
have
designed a 46 Mass Capital ship with a Nova Cannon and some PDAFs.
Three
or four of them just sit at the back of the table and lob Nova Cannon
templates around while the rest of my fleet sits still and waits.  Try
dodging four templates per turn (especially when they get bigger!)!!  A
bit cheesy I know, but fun as a once off thing!)

>	 I'm thinking missiles and heavy fighters by the ton.

Missiles, yes.	Fighters get SHREDDED by Scat-packs so you'd need heaps
(more than 20 squadrons of the suckers) to even get close to hurting his
ships.

> I can't seem to find the points cost for the Sa'Vasku ships, could
someone
> help me out here?

There aren't any yet.  But there's been plenty of tries at it on the
this
group.

-Kelvin.....

	 "Well.....  At least I have a hobby."
		- Pete the Pyromaniac.

Prev: Full Thrust questions Next: Re: Full Thrust questions