Prev: RE: B5 BREWs update. Next: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!) Walkabout & Ship of Tears

Re: "Mawwiage....."

From: davisje@a... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:49:25 -0400
Subject: Re: "Mawwiage....."

> > Hah! Shows how much YOU know about marriage! Married men are MUCH
more adept
> > at guile, stealth, and subterfuge (these are necessary survival
traits). Not
> > to mention the cultivation of creative stupidity: "I forgot to take
the
> > garbage out AGAIN? Boy, am I stupid or what?"
> >
> > Allan
>
> I side w/Alan here (being a married man of 10 years) and would like
> to add that when you have KIDS you also add the skills of bribery,
> reverse psychology, bluffing, and making secret codes!!!!! ;-)

What a great thread in the FT Mailing list!  I'll add a third vote
to this tally.	(14 years of married life)

I wouldn't want to cross swords with us married guys over a "Diplomacy"
board.	Mike and Allan would be the first I'd want to ally with and
the first I'd want to backstab..... ;)

What is really great is when I'm in deep thought over how to deal with
an opponent's heavy fighter arsenal or which star system to engage with
my squadrons in a FT campaign game, my wife will ask,

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, nothing.  We really should get the driveway sealed this fall."

Old age and guile will always beat youth and skill.

Jon Davis
davisje@crd.ge.com

Prev: RE: B5 BREWs update. Next: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!) Walkabout & Ship of Tears