Prev: RE: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!) Next: Re:Something Strange..

RE: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)

From: "Absolutely Barking Stars" <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 07:19:20 -0400
Subject: RE: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)

On 22 Aug 96 at 11:10, ngilsena@indigo.ie wrote:

> Just in case..There is a spoiler for Walkabout in this message..
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> Considering that we now know that the shadows can be stopped
> (briefly) by telepaths, I was wondering how do we incorporate
> telepaths into FT for B5?
> Should we consider a telepath on board a ship, part of the ships
> systems for the sake of practicality?  Or is the telepath only
> affected by mental overload from the shadows	themselves.  Entailing
> a separate mental attack phase?
> Or should they be susceptible to the physical damage taken by the
> ship (although if this was a shadow attack, damage would seem likely
> to be total).
You could have them under the same section as crew hits. Or you could
do them as a system, both work. I think you need to consider them as
a pre-movement pahse atatck, because one of the effects is the ships
stop. In fact, they don't even seem to keep going under inertia..

> One thing that seems certain is that the telepath system should  only
> have a single arc of	'fire'.  This is because the shadow ship must be
in
> line of sight for the telepaths abilities to work.
Given the design of most B5 ships, I would say forward arc only.
Minbari seem to be an exception, but then they always are..

> One question to ponder is  would the use of telepaths completely
unbalance
>  a B5 battle involving the shadows?
Frankly? yes. All this does is tip the balance the same degree over to
the other side. Before, a Shadow ship was virtually unbeatable. Now,
once you lock a telepath onto them, they're BREW fodder.

Given that telepaths can apparently only hold them for so long, some
system were a dice roll has to be made each round to maintain the
'lock' might be an evener..

			 TTFN
				     Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans list Home Page  -
	http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: RE: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!) Next: Re:Something Strange..