Prev: Re: Multifunction fighters Next: Re: Gen Con '97

Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:15:01 -0400
Subject: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)

>>  From: Samuel Penn <sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk>
>>  Subject: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)
>>  Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 19:44:46 +0100
>>  Does the ship double its velocity the turn it engages the drives? If
>>  so, it means players can use this to may very short, one-turn hops
>>  to get away from danger, or maybe to position themselves ready for
>>  attack. Unless you are willing to allow this use of the FTL drive,
>>  it may be best to have systems shut down in the first turn, but that
>>  velocity only starts doubling in the second and subsequent turns.

Or, perhaps there is a minimum duration of the FTL effect, given that it

takes some time to fully form the warp bubble/convert all the matter
into
a tachyon beam/break through reality. The effect could be doubling each
turn beginning immediately, but could not be stopped for say, 4 turns
(say two turns to power everything up, and thus turns to shut it back
down and return to normal space-time).

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: Re: Multifunction fighters Next: Re: Gen Con '97