Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: Gen Con '97

Multifunction fighters

From: rkp@m... (Robin Paul)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:56:56 -0400
Subject: Multifunction fighters

I've been playing with some numbers to try and knock together a modified
fighter construction system for FT/MT along the lines of Steve Gibson's
rules fore infantry in DS2.

To use the tables, add the appropriate points from each table, multiply
by
3, and add 2 points for the hangar.  NOTE, to avoid fractions, the
tables
work out the costs for PAIRS of fighters.  Unless I've screwed up, (all
too
possible!), the fighter types from MT should come out at the same costs.

Table 1: Anti-fighter effectiveness
Level			Effect			       Points
None	      NO *AF or dogfight rolls			 0
Standard      standard *AF and dogfight rolls		 1
Interceptor   +1 on*AF or dogfight rolls		 3

Table 2: Ship-attack effectiveness
Level			Effect			       Points
None	       NO normal attacks on ships		 0
Standard	normal attacks on ships 		 2
Attack		+1 when attacking ships 		 4

Table 3: Defence strength
Level			Effect			       Points
Light	   +1 on *AF or dogfight rolls			 0
Standard   standard *AF or dogfight rolls		 1
Heavy	   -1 *AF or dogfight rolls			 5

Table 4: Movement
Level			Effect			       Points
Slow		    Move 8" per turn			 0
Standard	   Move 12" per turn			 1
Fast		   Move 18" per turn			 5

Table 5: Endurance
Level						       Points
1 Turn of combat					-1
2 Turns of combat					 0
3 Turns of combat					 1
4 Turns of combat					 3
5 Turns of combat					 5

Table 6: Special equipment
Item			Effect			       Points
Torpedo 	Torpedo attack as per MT		 9
Needle weapon	Allows 1 needla attack PER GROUP	 4
Recce pod	as for superior sensors at 6",		 4
		or basic at up to 12"

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
			 "Auld an' bald!"

Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: Gen Con '97