Prev: Re: Gen Con '97 Next: Multifunction fighters

Re: CMD Future Wars products

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:40:50 -0400
Subject: Re: CMD Future Wars products

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996 23:41:07 -0400 PsyWraith@aol.com writes:

>Little known fact folks.  US Battle Dress Uniforms (BDU's) are thermal
>dampening.  They bleed off heat in an irregular pattern that DOESN'T
>look like a human silhouette.	Course this is when they are fresh and
not
>pressed/starched (so THAT'S why they say don't starch the uniforms),
>but new field issue BDU's have the ability.  Extrapolate forward to the
later
>22nd century and....

Theoretically they are supposed to dampen thermal imaging, which leaves
the ones that don't, the hands, feet, head etc. My point is that 99% of
the grunts on the field DON'T have access to such things. Only special
op units, some squad, maybe platoon, more likely COMPANY commanders will
have access to them. At Ft. Benning we tried requesitioning some for
training mind you. Do you think we could get them? Noo....

Paul

Prev: Re: Gen Con '97 Next: Multifunction fighters