Prev: Re: Gone to GenCon Next: Re: I survived GenCon!

Re: CMD Future Wars products

From: PsyWraith@a...
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 23:41:07 -0400
Subject: Re: CMD Future Wars products

<< On Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:33:15 BST timj@uk.gdscorp.com writes:

 >>Do you really think that net type camouflage will work in the 21st
 >>century? Its pretty useless now with thermal imaging cameras, but of
 >>course this
 >>net camouflage is made of a special heat absorbing polymer...

 >You are of course assuming that EVERYONE and EVERYTHING has thermal
 >imagery. In the US infantry, the basic grunt still sees by the old
 >eyeball. Paint camoflage and Cammo netting are still VERY much an
 >effective resource. And like my sarge told me ... no matter what the
 >techno advances may be, when all is said and done, warfare has ALWAYS
 >been up to the basic infantryman.

> PAul >>

Little known fact folks.  US Battle Dress Uniforms (BDU's) are thermal
dampening.  They bleed off heat in an irregular pattern that DOESN'T
look
like a human silhouette.  Course this is when they are fresh and not
pressed/starched (so THAT'S why they say don't starch the uniforms), but
new
field issue BDU's have the ability.  Extrapolate forward to the later
22nd
century and....

Like they say, for every measure there is a counter-measure.  Remember,
in
SGII while the tech helps, it's the men and leaders that make or break
the
battles.

Morgul
Sine Pari
Airborne All The Way!

Prev: Re: Gone to GenCon Next: Re: I survived GenCon!