Prev: Re: Gone to GenCon Next: Re: Gone to GenCon

RE: SGII what genere do you play

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@d...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:37:49 -0400
Subject: RE: SGII what genere do you play

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Stuart Murray wrote:
> The biggest stumbling block for me is the scale.  The SGII figs are
true
> 25mm,  hence they look very small comapred to my other figs.

I agree, but I've managed to solve this a little bit by mounting
the SGII figures on round plastic slotted bases and covering them
with a white-glue/sand mixture.  After painting the sandy base green
(with a yellow or khaki drybrush on top), the figures stand about
as tall as other GW/Heartbreaker figures.  Superglue works fine for
attatching the figure to the base, but I like to add a ring of
epoxy putty around the metal base to get a sloped "mound" leading
up to the figure.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Re: Gone to GenCon Next: Re: Gone to GenCon