Prev: Re: SAAB hits the can. Next: Re: Gone to GenCon

Re: SAAB hits the can.

From: PsyWraith@a...
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:58:51 -0400
Subject: Re: SAAB hits the can.

<< Its like they took the scripts from Tour Of Duty and crossed them
with
 some of the visual effects from B5 and removed all the good bits.

 Darren >>

And there's the rub.  I was actually hoping it would be an SF "Tour of
Duty",
good ground force stuff.  Instead we get pilots PLAYING infantry with
weak
excuses about multi-function mission profiles.	If they wanted decent
pilot
stories beyond the cockpit then the writers should have dusted off some
old
copies of "Black Sheep Squadron" (Hell, they were even Marine pilots
there
too).  If they wanted ground missions then  maybe introduce new main
characters as part of the Saratoga's Recon/SpecOp detachment of the
embarked
ground troops.	Ah, well.  SAAB is dead.  Pop open a beer, find the
remote
and turn on B5.  Then pull out the dice and mini's and get some Full
Thrust
going.

Morgul, aka Morgan Keyes
Sine Pari
Airborne All The Way!
(Formerly on this list as CPsyop@AOL.COM)

Prev: Re: SAAB hits the can. Next: Re: Gone to GenCon