Prev: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW Next: SAAB hits the can.

RE: SGII what genere do you play

From: b.s.murray@n... (Stuart Murray)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 09:09:30 -0400
Subject: RE: SGII what genere do you play

>>I've heard that SGII is, like all GZG games, very adaptible to other
>>generes.  What generes do you play SGII in, your own, or a conversion
of
>>other popular gameing universes?  Why not tell us about them.

Our group plays quite a mixture of bckgrounds.	 My favourite is from
Kryomek,  consequently I use a mixture of Grenadier Future Warriors,
Kryomek Colonial marines, SWATs,  and Grendel Predator Armoured Marines.
When I'm desperate the GW Imperial Guard come out as two platoons of
Planetary Defence Forces.   I use a mixture of GZG/GW/Grendel vehicles.
The other most used army is a GW Eldar army as one of the guys likes the
GW
Eldar background.   We have also mixed in Legions of steel and the
Kryomek
themselves.

>>A second question, I have not as yet committed any money to 25mm
Sci-fi for
>>SGII.  I'm thinking of getting some of the official mini's for the
game
>>and using them in my own Universe.  I  tend to like realistic looking
>>figures.  What I want to know is how do you rate the GZG figures for
SGII.
>> Which of the nationalities do you like the most.  And what are the
comon
>>paint schemes for them.

The SGII figures are superb,  the detail is excellent and the casting is
clean.	My favourites are the NAC marines,  they are very good
substitutions for colonial marine figures.   The NSL troops are prety
good
but armour is armour,  I personally prefer the dtails found on the
lesser
armoured figs.

The biggest stumbling block for me is the scale.  The SGII figs are true
25mm,  hence they look very small comapred to my other figs.

 They also include the most impressive
>female models I have ever seen.

I second this,	it is refreshing to see correctly proportioned figs.

<snip> (FSE)  that have caps (What do you call those Gendarm style
caps?)

It's a Kepi

>Power troops are available for NAC (If I told you that they looked like
>Zippy of Rainbow I don't think it would help any), ESU and NSL.
Apparently
>it is unlikely that any other groups will get powered armour. This will
>probably be written into the background at a later date as the ESU
selling
>their power armour to other parties.

I'm not wild about the power armoured troops,  the detail is good and
the
figures well presented,  it's just that there are so many PA troops on
the
market,  I just prefer the non-PA troops.

>Resin vehicles are available for all sides, but you don't have to stick
>to whats written (You can give your ESU team a Paladin if you want,
even
>though 'officially' it is an NAC vehicle).

Spend loads of cash on the GZG vehicles they are superb !  "Since we got
our new Paladin Hi-Mobility Battle Tank finding a parking place in the
morning just hasn't been a problem " :)

The Paladin is the epitomy of Sci-Fi tank,  the Phalanx makes a superb
heavy MICV,  and I'm next wasting my hard earned cash on a buch of VTOLs
and Hunter MICVs

As far as painting goes...

The Imperial guard are codex standard.
The Eldar Aspects are GW reccomended,  the Guardians anre yellow and
black.
Colonial marines are multi colour cam (as much non-terrestrial as
possible.
And the rest are in varios stages of unpaintedness !

I hpoe this helps,

Stuart.

Prev: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW Next: SAAB hits the can.