Prev: Re: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross) Next: Re: Torpedoes

Re: Torpedoes

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 16:53:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Torpedoes

James Butler wrote:

>	  I have the same problem. Everyone wants to put a ton of A bats
on
>  EVERYTHING!! I don't want to put in a bunch of rules like "no more
than x%
>  of mass may be deployed as A-bats" or anything but I am sorely
tempted.
You
>  want people to build balanced designs, something akin to real navies
but
all
>  they want is to find the game system's "super-weapon" then equip
their
>  entire fleet with as many of them as possible. What in the world do
you do
>  about this??

I know the "how to balance the A-battery" question is one of the oldest
debates on this list, but has anyone tried limiting the number of firing
arcs
by class? One of my pet peeves is that since a 3-arc beam takes up no
more
mass (and only a few more points) than a 1-arc weapon, everyone tend to
use
3-arc weapons all over the place. This makes perfect sense from a
max-effectiveness point of view, but I feel having limited firing arcs
enhaces positional tactics, so I've been toying with the following idea:

A-bats can have only one firing arc
B-bats can have up to two arcs
C-bats can have up to three arcs

Has anyone tried anything similar?

Scott Field

Prev: Re: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross) Next: Re: Torpedoes