Prev: Re: Anime Missile Swarms? Next: Re: Anime Missile Swarms?

Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell...

From: "Back from the woods, time to learn how to use a fork again..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 20:31:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell...

(yes, I'm back, and slowly catching up on the archives; saw this and
thought I'd throw in my $0.02 - American ;) - out for fun)

davisje@ash.crd.ge.com (Jonathan Davis) wrote:

>Speaking of minefields...
>
>I've never been too impressed with the FT rules for mines and
minelayers.
>My idea for a mine field are battle "satellites" that mount a four arc
>battery and take one pt. of damage.
>
>This idea was inspired by the Centauri minefield placed around the
Ranger
>training base.

I was leaning more towards them being C-battery platforms, 1 or 2 4-arc
C-batts
on a 1 or 2 damage pt platform.

I've played with that idea a *little* (re: once), but not enough to
really do
anything. They fell victim to long-range fire relatively early in the
battle.

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Anime Missile Swarms? Next: Re: Anime Missile Swarms?