Prev: Anime Missile Swarms? Next: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell...

Re: Anime Missile Swarms?

From: RMMDC@j...
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 20:03:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Anime Missile Swarms?

Hmmmm.	This could be useful for those of us interested in the
"Honor Harrington" universe.  For those who don't know, the battle
in that series consist of _hundreds_ of missiles flying back and
forth.	The *DAF is much more effective, so the battles tend to go
to the first fleet to get unlucky (and take a few hits) first.

Well, maybe I shouldn't have said it that way--that sounds like
there isn't any tactics involved.

Anyway, what usually happens is that a fleet's *DAFs start out
knocking down everything (or the missiles get fooled by ECM).
Laws of probability eventually come through, though, and with
each missile strike, and thus damage, the fleet's outbound
firepower drops and the *DAF's get less effective...which lets
more missiles through, which drops the capabilities...etc.

Anyway, it looks like we have a  first step toward simulating
some of this.	I'd be coming up with some ideas, but the
motivation is low when	I don't have anybody to play against
right now.  I know, I know...as soon  as I get some minis
ready I'm  going to go on a local demo-game tour.

Out here.

	-monty

Prev: Anime Missile Swarms? Next: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell...