Prev: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII Next: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII

Re: Minatures

From: Robert Kerrigan <speiler@e...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:59:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Minatures

At 08:15 PM 7/22/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Mike Miserendino:
>> If you can't find any you like, try scratch-building.  It's a lot
cheaper
>> and fun using your own designs!
>
>	What are some good materials for scratch-building? I've been
>tempted to try my hand at it, but most of my inspiration has been to
>raid aircraft models for their missiles, fuel pods, etc.

The product is called Scullpy.	It's a clay like substance that you can
shape and mold.  Then you bake it in your kitchen oven and it comes out
hard.  It can then be sanded, scribed, mutilated, and more sculpy can be
added and re-baked.  When you finally get the shape you want, paint it.
Two
part epoxy is good too. Don't forget about household trash.  Old
lipstick
containers, with old model parts glued on and painted look good too.
Just
remember neat, clean, and a halfway decent paint job and most anything
will
look good.

Robert Kerrigan
Virginia

Prev: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII Next: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII