Prev: Re: An appeal for help. Next: Aliens in DSII/SGII

Re: An appeal for help.

From: thumann@n... (Charles Thumann)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 20:00:37 -0400
Subject: Re: An appeal for help.

>	  I plan to actually playtest this a few times before the actual
game,
> and I think I'll try it both ways.  I'll try the first test with the
ship
> completely dead, and see how things work.  It the atttackers have an
> overwhelming victory, I'll try giving the Juggernaut a few systems to
start
> out with.  Of course, I can always add a few defenders, too.	The
other idea
> I'm playing with involves having the ship be extremely battle damaged
to the
> point where it requires the repair facilities of a major installation.
(I
> want to use the ship, can you tell?  It's just so damn impressive
> looking....)	It's a demo game, so I want to use as many actual ships
as I
> can without bogging things down.  The more players I can accomidate,
the
> better.  Should I just skip the big ship, or is it workable?

If you have an appropriate rules system (Space Hulk, Legions of Steel,
or
something similar) you could make both
sides attempt to bring the ship on-line for their respective nations.  I

did something similar in my Full Thrust/Legions of Steel cross-over
scenario Battle for Destiny, which you can check out for ideas, and plan
do so again in a Kra'vak vs. NAC vs. Aliens scenario using Tony Lin's
Aliens rules for Legions of Steel.

This complicates things, of course, so it may not be something you'd
want
to do.