Prev: Re: An appeal for help. Next: Re: An appeal for help.

Re: An appeal for help.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:42:03 -0400
Subject: Re: An appeal for help.

>Given the general pace of technological advancement and this ship is
>supposed to have been sitting around for centuries don't you think it
is
>a little well armed ?	How about equiping it with masses of C batteries

>and/or the D batts that have been mentioned here.   In this way you
would
>have a very powerful ship with stacks of batteries,  however,	compared

>to modern ships it wouls be outgunned at range (representing both
>improvements in armaments and target resolution mechanics.

>One thing which could,  of course,  invalidate my argument is if you go

>for the retro style sci-fi, such that the ancients had fantastic
>technology and the modrens have lost it and are trying to revover
>artefacts of the lost tech (remind you of anyone ? GW/FASA perhaps !).
	Yeah, you've got me.  Basically, interstellar civilization
collapsed
when the FTL drive being used abruptly stopped working.  Now that it's
functioning again, everyone is cheerfully trying to murder his neighbor
again.	Ah, the joys of civilization!  Actually, as far as the
Juggernaut
goes, it's not the tech that's the problem, it's the fact that nobody
currently has the money/resources available to duplicate it.

>OK, so my ideas may not be great but what the heck, it may spark
someone
>else off.
>
>Stuart.

	Like I said, any help at all is appreciated.....

John Crimmins

Prev: Re: An appeal for help. Next: Re: An appeal for help.