Prev: Re:assistance... Next: RE: Wave Guns...

RE: Fighters and all...

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 04:02:27 -0400
Subject: RE: Fighters and all...

Date sent:  22-JUL-1996 08:54:08

>Fighter questions...

>1. Can fighters reload "endurance"? If so, how long does it take?

Yes. The time is up to you, but we use one turn only.

>2. Can torpedo fighters reload torpedoes? If so, how long does it take?

No. Torpedoes take longer to load and may not be reloaded 'in game'.

>3. Do screen effect torpedoes?

No. It's the same as a pulse torpedo.

>4. If you aren't playing with sensors, is your opponent obligated to
tell
>you what type of specialty fighters he's playing with until they
attack?

Again thats up to you, but it should be obvious if they are 'fast'
fighters.
8-)

>5. If you are playing with sensors, can you scan a fighter squadron to
>see what type of fighters they are?

Good idea. Just scan the squadron as if it was a ship.

>6. If you can reload torpedoes onto torpedo planes and the fighter bay
>holding the torpedo planes is hit, does the ship carrying them take
>extra damage?

Not a question, as you can't. But if a fighter bay gets KOd, the
fighters
have got a big problem (a BIG problem if they happen to be in the bay at
the time 8-) ) unless the carrier has extra capacity.

>7. Okay--it's happened more than a few times that enemy fighters wound
up on
>top of hostile ships (we're playing with counters right now instead of
>miniatures). And PDAF not being able to fire on fighters right on top
of you
>is very frustrating. Does it not make sense that PDAF should be able to
fire
>offensively on fighters within 2 inches, or even within one? I can
>understand that letting them fire at 6" would be disbalancing but even
PDAF
>should be able to fire against enemy fighters when they're right
outside the
>window!!

Space, unlike your table, is 3d. Imagine the fighters either above or
below
the ship. Fighters are so agile that they should be able to avoid a ship
if
they wish to do so.

Other than that, fit ADAFs instead. (unless you play with small fleets)

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re:assistance... Next: RE: Wave Guns...