Prev: Re: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock! Next: Re: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!

Re: Dirtside II Artillery, etc.

From: thumann@n... (Charles Thumann)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 19:23:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Dirtside II Artillery, etc.

> 2.  Are area defense or point defense systems allowed on VTOLs or
other
> aircraft?  I can accept that a PDS can be allowed - it can be flares
or
> chaff - but am unsure about ADS.

Here's a thought if you /do/ want to allow ADS on aircraft--maybe its an

air-superiority fighter instead of a bomber.  In this case you wouldn't
think of it as a tracking auto-cannon firing at aircraft but as a jet
speeding across the battlefield launching missiles at VTOLs in High Mode

or whatever.

I don't know how this would actually work since it's off the top of my
head.  What happens if active ADS activated and moved within 36" of
VTOLs in High Mode?  Do they have to make a reaction test and
immediately
drop?  Can they immediately drop if they've already been activated?  Are

they simply immediately attacked by the ADS?  Thoughts?

If they are immediately attacked you could really clear a table full of
VTOLs with one Aerospace fighter loaded up with an ADS.  That would be
cool!

Prev: Re: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock! Next: Re: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!