Prev: Re: Rules Questions Next: Re: More Rules Questions

Re: The Atlantic Class MEGASHIP

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 14:12:59 -0400
Subject: Re: The Atlantic Class MEGASHIP

Mike Elliott wrote:
>Taking previous posts into account, and rounding out the Traveller
>weapons/systems:
>
>Treat Sandcasters and Repulsors as PDAF (with anti Missile capability
as in
>MT)

In keeping with the Traveller tech, I would use sandcasters and
repulsors as
you stated except only allow sandcasters to defeat beam weapons and
repulsors to only defeat missiles.

>Treat Nuclear Dampers as PDAF but effective only against normal
missiles
>(not EMP or Needle
>missiles)

I would think the nuclear dampers would be effective against EMP
missiles as
well since the EMP was most likely produced by a nuclear detonation.
The
needle missiles operate more like an HE warhead for precise targeting.

>Lasers and other turreted weapons can be used as anti missile (see MT
p5)

If we did this for all beam batteries, should it not affect fighters as
well, since the fighters would probably represent larger bogeys.

>So here's the Atlantic Class Heavy Cruiser in FT terms:
>
>MEGASHIP (75,000 tons) 	 150 Mega Mass
>
>75 Mega Mass available for Weapons and Systems.
>
>				 MMASS	 COST
>Hull				 -	  3000
>FTL Drive			 -	  1500
>Thrust -5			 -	 15000
>1 Factor-N Meson Gun		 19	   570
>6 * 3-arc A batteries		  1.8	    78	 (particle accelerators)
>21 *1-arc Mega C batteries	 21	   630	 (laser turrets)
>3 * Mega Missile		  6	   180
>16 * Mega PDAF 		 16	   480	 (sandcaster turrets)
>1 * Factor-6 Meson Screen	  6	   180
>
>TOTAL				 69.8	 21618
>
>What do you all think?

Cool stuff.  I hope to get my conversions done soon to share with
everyone
as well.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Rules Questions Next: Re: More Rules Questions