Prev: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell... Next: Re: Traveller ship designs

[Fwd: Full Thrust]

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:37:00 -0400
Subject: [Fwd: Full Thrust]

Hello:
	Here is a question that James Butler,a new player, sent me about

tactics.  With his kind permission I post it here.

Later,
Mark
Okay... I just got into this game and already I've got a massive
problem.
While trying to put together a little scenario for me and my friends,
I've run into a snag. I was trying to put together some little missile
frigates as conversions from Star Fleet Battles Kzinti ships to Full
Thrust. Well, with the limitation that you can only fire on so many
ships as you have fire control systems, it seems to me that the smaller
your ships the better. That way there are more of you and he can't get
you all.

So here's the problem--how in the world do you stop a 1500 point force
consisting of 100 Mass 2, 1 submunition armed, drive 12 craft? Including
an FTL drive, these little battlepods come out to 15 points total!

Double the size of the pod and instead of a submunition, you can carry
a single missle and never even have to worry about casualties while
closing with the enemy!

Please tell me there is a solution for this because I like what I've
read
about this game and would like to play it.

Prev: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell... Next: Re: Traveller ship designs