Prev: Re: SGII selling well ? Next: RE: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas

From: ngilsena@i...
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 11:20:53 -0400
Subject: Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas

> From: 	 "Joseph A. Noll" <u1a0458@mail.wvnet.edu>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
> Subject:	 Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas
> Date: 	 Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:36:23 -0400

> ----------
> > From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@nada.kth.se>
> > To: ft <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
> > Subject: Balanced (?) weapons ideas
> > Date: Wednesday, June 26, 1996 9:55 AM
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > The anal-retentive game balancer speaks:
> > (uhh - writes, I mean)
> >
> > If you don't like trying to balance weapons, stop reading here.
You'll
> > only get irritated <g> Otherwise, please go on:
> >

> > Being a Starfire campaigner, I'm rather obsessed with the need to
> balance
> > different technologies. Each weapon has to have some advantage - be
it
> > small size, massive damage, long range, low cost, or whatever - over
> > other weapons, because otherwise, it won't be used in the campaign
(or,
> > if certain tech items are restricted to certain players only, one
side
> or
> > the other will suffer). Above all, I want to have a reason to use
all of
> > the various weapons available, and not only because they are
available.

> I read here that you are a Starfire gamer, I am also and would like to
> know if you or anyone else knows any resources for Starfire on the
Net.
> By the way I am also a very dedicated FT/MT player.
> Thanks,
> JNoll
> u1a00458@mail.wvnet.edu

There is definitely an imperial starfire web page out there, but at
the moment I haven't got the address (most of the search engines will
find it).

I do have an FTP site with some imperial starfire aids on it such as
system generators etc.

Its address is ftp://ftp.cs.colorado.edu/users/seidl/starfire

The best way to find more resources would be to get on the mailing
list.  I had to unsubscribe from it after a week or two as the volume
of mail posted to it is/was way to high to deal with.

Hope that helps.
Niall Gilsenan
DIT, Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin.

Prev: Re: SGII selling well ? Next: RE: Sa'Vasku Miniatures