Prev: Just Started DSII Next: Re: Battle for Endor

Re: Just Started DSII

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 01:26:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Just Started DSII

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 20:31:50 -0500 resmith@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Rob
Smith)
writes:
>Hi,
>I just rejoined the list after several months away. We played our first
game of DSII last Sunday. A few questions cropped  up, most of which we
eventually answered by later examining the rules. But, there is one that
seems to remain unresolved:

>Direct Fire Artillery
>How do others handle this aspect of on-board artillery. In our
situation,
>the enemy unit moved into sight of an artillery unit. The artillery
unit
>had not been activated yet. No other unit, friendly to the artillery,
that
>had yet to be activated could see the enemy. What can the artillery
unit
>do? There are no provisions for the vehicles of the artillery unit to
>call fire for themselves.
>
>We allowed the vehicles of the artillery unit to fire by placing
individual
>impact points for each vehicle and resolving the effects immediately.
But
>this is pretty damned effective. But maybe it should be, the artillery
vehicles are vulnerable to direct fire in such circumstances after all.

>Anyone have other suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rob
Well, I would say that the artillery unit, upon activation could fore
direct as per direct fire rules. I think you handled the situation
properly. Now of course, the artillery are VERY susseptable to direct
fire.

Welcome to a truely awesome game! It's hard to find any DSII players in
the Fort Wayne, IN area. Are there any of you out there?

Prev: Just Started DSII Next: Re: Battle for Endor