Prev: RE: Battle for Endor Next: Re: Just Started DSII

Just Started DSII

From: resmith@c... (Rob Smith)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 21:31:50 -0400
Subject: Just Started DSII

Hi,

I just rejoined the list after several months away.

We played our first game of DSII last Sunday. A few questions cropped
up,
most of which we eventually answered by later examining the rules. But
there is one that seems to remain unresolved:

Direct Fire Artillery
How do others handle this aspect of on-board artillery. In our
situation,
the enemy unit moved into sight of an artillery unit. The artillery unit
had not been activated yet. No other unit, friendly to the artillery,
that
had yet to be activated could see the enemy. What can the artillery unit
do? There are no provisions for the vehicles of the artillery unit to to
call fire for themselves.

We allowed the vehicles of the artillery unit to fire by placing
individual
impact points for each vehicle and resolving the effects immediately.
But
this is pretty damned effective. But maybe it should be, the artillery
vehicles are vulnerable to direct fire in such circumstances after all.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Smith
Dept. of Govt.
University of Texas
Austin, TX 78712
resmith@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

Prev: RE: Battle for Endor Next: Re: Just Started DSII