Prev: Re: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer) Next: Balanced (?) weapons ideas

Re: Those annoying aliens...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:41:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Those annoying aliens...

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Robin Paul wrote:

> A quick thought on railguns;	how about simulating their much greater
> transit time between firer and target by letting beams fire first.  If
> railgun-armed ship announces that it's firing on a beam-armed ship,
the
> latter is permitted a "reaction fire" on the railgun-ship, provided it
hasnt
> already fired.

Could work well. It all depends on just how high the 'incredibly high
velocities' are (and your background); I'm a little too influenced by
the
'report' from the bridge of the Kinshasa to try it ;) Currently I'm
trying other ways to balance 'em.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

( Snailmail: Ljuskarrsvagen 44N1, 133 31  Saltsjobaden, SWEDEN
     )
( Telephone: +46 - (0)8-7177891
     )
( Email: f92-ooh@nada.kth.se
     )
-------

Prev: Re: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer) Next: Balanced (?) weapons ideas