Prev: Re: SG2 Rocks (!) Next: Re: Questions on SGII; GZG and Kryomek interiors

Re: Question about combat moves in SGII

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 06:59:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Question about combat moves in SGII

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes
---------------------------
From: Elliott.MJ at BULL-UK03-TITAN
Date: 6/5/96 1:06PM
To:
/DT=RFC-822/DV=FTGZG-Làbolton.ac.uk/C=FR/ADMD=ATLAS/PRMD=BULL/OU=INTERNE
T at X400GTW
-------

Resending due to mail server problems

______________________________ Forward Header
__________________________________
Author:  Elliott.MJ at BULL-UK03-TITAN
Date:	 05/06/96 13:06

Andrew E. B. Cowell wrote:

>I wonder if the combat moves shouldn't have been, for example, 2D6
instead
>of D6x2.  You would still have your variable move, but it would be
>(perhaps more realistically?) weighted toward your normal move instead
of
>distributed randomly across all possible moves.

The only difference statistically is that 2D6 gives a (crude) normal
distribution, whereas D6*2 gives a linear (i.e. flat) distribution. We
chose the latter. If ypu prefer rolling 2D6 instaed of D6*2 go ahead...

>Just a thought.  I doubt it makes much difference in game play.

Yeah, you're probably right.

>By the way, I put together a Stargrunt II page.  Pretty basic; it only
has
>my Kryomek rules and a collection of questions and answers about the
game
>as they pass by on the list.  It's at
>http://www.cs.utk.edu/¨cowell/min/sg2/ .

Like the page! Please feel free to take anything I say on this list and
add
it to your page. Thanks.

Mike Elliott

Prev: Re: SG2 Rocks (!) Next: Re: Questions on SGII; GZG and Kryomek interiors