Prev: Re: Space Fleet: Is it worth it? Next: RE: Science Fantasy in FT

Re: Science Fantasy in FT

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 13:50:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Science Fantasy in FT

Mark Seifert said:
>	I was thinking about assigning "Mages" to starships that could
> cast spells that would duplicate functions that are similar to
> various ship systems (beams, screens, PDAFs, ECM, etc.).  Of course
> having a Mage on board would increase the points cost of the ship and
> I would have to limit the strength of the magic-user that is assigned
> to particular class (e.g. apprentices would be assigned to ESCORTS
> while "Grand Magi" would be found only aboard CAPITAL class ships).

I recommend "The Wyrmship Technical Manual" by torm Press as a good
background source for things like this.  Most of the equiopment in the
game
are magically enhanced, e.g., using magic rather than lead to sheild
fusion
reactors, etc.	Very interesting.

Christopher Weuve  [caw@intercon.com]
Through sheer random chance, my employer may
someday agree with something I say.

Prev: Re: Space Fleet: Is it worth it? Next: RE: Science Fantasy in FT