Prev: Re: DSII: Systems Down Chit for Artillery & ADS Next: Re: Science Fantasy in FT

Re: Space Fleet: Is it worth it?

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 10:07:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Space Fleet: Is it worth it?

> I owned everything for Space Fleet. The game itself is purest
> rubbish. The models are pretty good, especially the Gothic class
> Battlecruisers. If you can pick it up just for the models it's worth
> it. The Ships are easily SD-CVA range in scale and have a very
> different feel to them than most ship models. (I would consider
> cutting the sails off the Eldar ships, but that's just me ;-)
> Mike Wikan
> Game Design\Conceptual Art
> n-Space, Inc.

	Yah. I'm currently waiting for my buddy to order miniatures for
himself from GW, so I can get in to the order and get some more of those

beautiful ships. The Empire gothic-style fleet is my European Union
Space
Fleet (since they regulate everything else, it's only appropriate that
the ships look about the same...), and Eldar are SCA (Sea of China
Alliance) Japanese ships. The minis that come with the game are very
nice, and I'm hoping they're available separately through GW mail order.

The nice thing about them (the ONLY nice thing about GW) is that if you
order minis they no longer produce, they will cast them for you, if they

still have the molds! I've bought two damaged copies of the game oover
time, so I have four each of the minis that come with it. The bad thing
is, two of the Eldar ships no longer have the sails (damaged when I
moved), but they still look very nice. I also have a very large force of

the other Gothic ships (about 60 of them, I think), making up a very
nice
space fleet, boosted by Micro Machines Star Destroyers and various
Klingon ships. The flagship of the fleet is naturally the ERTL Star
Destroyer.

Prev: Re: DSII: Systems Down Chit for Artillery & ADS Next: Re: Science Fantasy in FT