Prev: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, vouchers end tonight PLUS another situation update…. Next: GZG ECC XIX - AAR (long!!)

New way to classify beams

From: "Hugh Fisher" <laranzu@o...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:08:05 +1100
Subject: New way to classify beams

Thinking about a new way to classify beam weapons in a Full Thrust like

set of rules.

Split into three numbers: the number of range bands, the range of each
band, the damage inflicted.

Number of is the same -1, -2, -3, ... numbers used now.

Range bands can be 6, 12, or 18 MU. Not sure if I'd go past 18.

Damage is 1 pt, 2 pt, D6, 2D6. Or possibly 1, 2, D6, D6+1, D6+2, 2D6.
Current beams are 1 pt, current grasers are D6.

So a current FT Beam-1 becomes a beam-1-12-1, a Graser-2 becomes
beam-2-18-D6.

Gives a wider range of beam weapon types, but I can't see how to fit it

inside the current points and mass system. Thinking about multiplying
everything by 4 ...

--
	 cheers,
	 Hugh Fisher

Prev: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, vouchers end tonight PLUS another situation update…. Next: GZG ECC XIX - AAR (long!!)