Prev: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update…… Next: RE: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……

Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……

From: Jon Tuffley <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 23:38:55 +0000
Subject: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……

On 15 Feb 2016, at 21:57, Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> On 15/02/2016 18:16, Jon Tuffley wrote:
>> Reminds me of the joke about the guy who prayed one Sunday in Church
for God to help him win the lottery - he didn't win, of course, so next
Sunday he prayed harder still, and so on for several weeks - in the end,
he's getting angry and the next Sunday he cries "God, I've asked you for
weeks now to make sure I win the lottery, why haven't you answered my
prayers???" This time, God's voice booms down to him: "At least meet me
halfway, and BUY A TICKET….." :-) Jon (GZG)
> I remember Dave Allen doing that one, only it was Premium Bonds, not
lottery tickets. <g>

> I'm another sympathiser, Jon, though in my case it happened almost 40
years ago. I was at work (first full-time job) when I got a phone call
sayong that my mother had died. I had to go tell my boss, who was in a
meeting with several other people, what had happened and that I was
leaving to go to the hospital. My dad had died the year before, so I was
sort of used to it, if that isn't a bizarrely black-humourish way to put
it. Anyway, like many others here and elsewhere, I understand what it's
like as much as anyone can, and would send whatever good vibes your way
in support if I knew how to do it <g>. You do what you need to do, and
we'll look forward to your return. Life goes on, as will you once all
the immediate hassle is past.

Thank you, Phil. Don't worry, nothing is going to change - once
everything is over and done I'll get back to making toys for you all to
continue buying…  ;-)

Best,

Jon (GZG)

> Take care,
>
> Phil
> ----
> "Let a smile be your umbrella and you'll end up with a mouthful of wet
teeth."
>   -- Louise Kurnan, Chicago Tribune Magazine
> Quoted by Phil Atcliffe (atcliffe[at]ntlworld[dot]com), who rather
thinks teeth are usually wet anyway...

Prev: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update…… Next: RE: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……