Prev: RE: brief Fall In convention AAR Next: Re: brief Fall In convention AAR

Re: brief Fall In convention AAR

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 05:49:43 -0500
Subject: Re: brief Fall In convention AAR

Hi Doug,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:21 AM, Douglas Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:

> Indy:
>
> Firecons. I'm all good with how they are written. But there are
> (apparently, as I have now learned) some folks who feel they are too
> restrictive. "If you have two firecons on a ship, and five weapons,
you can
> only shoot at two ships?!? You can't shoot at five different targets??
Why
> not? That doesn't make any kind of sense." This is where they are
coming
> from.
>
> ****
>
> Understandable, I suppose, as everyone I know is running around with a
> phone that has more smarts than most computers when FT started.
>

> Has anyone tried combo weapon/firecon pointing? I know I’ve heard
the same
> complaint, and I figure it should cost less than one weapon, one
firecon,
> or maybe the same as it has the advantage of a single threshold roll,
but
> starts REALLY getting costly the more weapons you have?

Not sure what you mean by combo weapon/firecon pointing? IF I understand
what you are saying, you can already do that. The limitation on firecons
is
the number of targets you can track/bring weapons to bear upon, not the
number of weapons you can fire in a given turn?

Mk

Prev: RE: brief Fall In convention AAR Next: Re: brief Fall In convention AAR