Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: From our antipodal brothers-in-arms RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 07:35:53 -0500
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Robert N Bryett <rbryett@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 5 Nov 2015, at 00:33, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I read the first two books. Not bad, but expensive as hell ($15 for
> paperback??).  :-/
>
> Tears on your diamond necklace, mate.

Hmmm! I'm not familiar with that colloquialism.

> Thanks to Australia’s cosy publisher’s cartel, paperbacks are
normally
> A$30-40. I bought the Antares novels as e-books for around A$7 each.
Having
> a Kindle makes me much readier to take a chance on books, though I
don’t
> know how many one would have to read to compensate for the cost of the
> e-reader (I got mine as a gift, and e-readers have many advantages
other
> than the lower cost of e-books).

I know there's a relative difference in cost between products in
Australia
and in the US, but still, US $15 for a paperback is fairly outrageous
(imo), when paperbacks used to go for $5-8. (I honestly have not gone
out
pricing books too much over the past years as minis and Other Hobby
Interest Gear has taken the focus of my available funding, and I have
been
dabbling in audiobooks, but still a 2x-3x markup for a paperback?)

Mk