Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

From: Roger Bell_West <roger@f...>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:11:54 +0000
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 05:49:57PM +0000, Jon Tuffley wrote:
>Interestingly, the only series I am aware of that actually has more
than one type of FTL travel (as I recall, at least three different
methods?) is Brian Stableford's old "Hooded Swan" books - quite fun as I
recall them, though nowadays they would quite likely be categorised as
"Young Adult" SF….

David Brin's Uplift series, especially Startide Rising, has quite a
few.

And of course "Web and Starship"...

It's probably worth considering a framework like the Landis taxonomy
(http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/fasterlight.php - "The
Canonical List of StarDrives" is about half-way down).

Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL