Prev: Re: Building on Full Thrust Light Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

From: Michael Brown <mwsaber6@m...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:34:10 -0600
Subject: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

it WAS quiet, I was ready to name the crickets

Michael Brown

mwsaber6@msn.com

From: jon@gzg.com
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT]
Quiet in here, isn't it.
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:32:10 +0100
To: gzg@firedrake.org

On 23 Oct 2015, at 13:48, Douglas Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:Thanks, Allen. Well, any two ships, whether they’re in a large
furball or just a duel. I’d tend to say any outliers are
‘disengaged.’ Start another round if you wish, but from the
viewpoint of re-engaging if a duel. If you wish to ‘change the
scale’, you can do that with twenty ships. Parts of the battle may get
VERY crowded, but you’re adjusting things, right? Likewise, I have
played, long ago, with extra tables. One ships runs off the edge, chased
by another. Or, if you want to have ships jump back in, fine, but you
then are meta-gaming as far as I’m concerned. Like me saying ‘you
come back in everybody’s target.’ I played with, also long ago,
rules of the of ‘you come back in after x turns per how fast you could
turn around and you suffer opponents getting free shots’ variety.
Rules should have suggestions, maybe even ‘preferred’ way of
handling, but I like it being yet another place to say ‘it’s YOUR
game.’ By the way, who said it was too quiet?
It was VERY quiet, then I poked it with a stick…..  ;-)
(Totally off-topic, my favourite Chez Geek card - illustrated by John
Kovalic - is the "TV Wildlife Shows" card with the caption "This
crocodile is not  sufficiently enraged yet, so I'm going to poke it with
this stick…")
Jon (GZG)